Do you wanna know if your child is fit for a booster seat, or are you worried about when can my child ride without a booster seat? In both cases, the decision relies on the age, weight, and height of the baby.
A recent study found that 4 out of 5 parents move their child from a booster seat to a car seat too quickly, often a risky decision for a child. Since you are concerned about your child’s safety, you need to be aware of the effectiveness of the booster seat.
So based on all these problems, we have created a guideline to learn when can a child use a booster seat safely. By reading this whole article, you also can learn when my child rides without a booster seat.
What is Booster Seat?
When a child outgrows a car seat, it is high time to use a booster seat. Again, you may be concerned about child protection, but there is nothing to worry about here.
A booster seat is made with adequate baby protection. And nowadays, these booster seats are available in different types. The main ones are a high back booster seat, combination harness-to-booster, backless booster seat.
Of these, you need to choose a booster seat that is appropriately used in your car, will provide the right fit for your child, and will be appropriately restrained.
3 Reasons to Use a Booster Seat
Parents are always worried about the safety of their children while traveling by car. An accident on the road is the cause of this concern.
So, many parents use booster seats for their children’s safety. You can use the booster seat while traveling or on any commute. Why use it?
- Properly operated a booster seat keeps the seat safe for your child while traveling.
- A lap belt can damage the spleen of babies when shaken during travel. On the other hand, the booster seat can be secured using a simple seat belt.
- It is recommended to use a booster seat to protect against all kinds of hazards while traveling, especially for children under eight years of age.
When Can a Child Use a Booster Seat- Right Time
All of us parents should use booster seats to protect our children. But many of us do not know when to use it. So yes, not everyone can use a booster seat.
Specific requirements will help you determine if your child is ready to go to the booster seat. The requirements are:
Every baby’s growth is different. They increase at different rates, so it is difficult to say which age is right to select the booster seat.
But most experienced booster seat manufacturers say children must be at least 4 or 5 years old before using the seat. So yes, children must be at least four years old to use a booster seat.
Once you know the age, you need to know the height of a child. Make sure your baby is at least 35 inches tall. In addition to being at least 35 inches tall, keep in mind that the child can sit in the rear booster seat with the back of the car and bend their knees comfortably at the edge of the seat cushion.
It is equally important to know your child’s age and height as well as their weight. Because the weight is more or less than a certain weight, using a booster seat can be a risk factor for children.
So, your child should weigh at least 40 pounds before using the belt-positioning booster seat. You want the protection of your child. If all of the above requirements are in your child, select a booster seat to protect your child.
How Long are Booster Seats Good for?
Parents almost ask a question about how long we will use the booster seat. They want to know one more answer when my child will get in the car without a booster seat.
So, we will let you know by answering when your child will get in the car without a booster seat.
Here, too, will depend on a few things when your child can ride in the car without a booster seat.
In that case, your child must be seven years old and at least 4 feet 8 inches tall, then you need to understand that your child’s seat is approaching. And when your child is eight years old and at least 4 feet 9 inches (144.78 cm) in height, then you can stop using the booster seat.
As we have said before, not all children have the same growth, so many children can take 8 to 12 years to get a car seat by changing the booster seat.
With another particular simple test, you can easily find out if your child has the right time to ride without a booster seat. Let’s see the requirements of the test:
- Notice if your child is sitting perfectly opposite the automobile seat.
- Next, notice if his knees can bend at the edge of the car without any problems.
- Also, check the lap belt rests typically comfortably under your child’s abdomen and touches the top of their thighs.
- Make sure the shoulder belt is comfortably set between the shoulder and the neck.
- It would be best to consider whether he is sitting the same way throughout the journey and whether he has any problems with it.
All of the above test questions should be analyzed very seriously. If your child has passed all the test subjects, it means that your child is feeling very comfortable in every situation, and then you will understand that your child can ride without a booster.
Or, if your child has a problem with something in any position, you need to understand that your child should still be in the booster seat.
- Make sure you are using the right car safety seat or seat belt whenever you transport your child.
- Make sure you always wear a seat belt.
- Read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for safety seats.
- Remember, never leave your child alone in or around a car and lock when your car is not in use.
- Be sure to fill out and mail the registration card with the car seat.
Is the switch from the booster seat to the car seat ready? Find out when your child can ride without a booster seat so you can make the best decision for your child.
The skill of booster seats is to fit with your child and keep them safe while traveling. Read the full article to make sure when can a child use a booster seat.
However, there are many types of booster seats on the market these days; buy the right size booster seat according to your child’s age, height, weight. After purchasing, operate the proper booster seat and use it for the protection of your child.